Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Friends...

Ol' 'Lanche and I really appreciate our friends. We love 'em all. It seems to me like I'm especially blessed with all the friends that I have. I suppose everyone feels the same way pretty much but I just wanted to say so "out loud". After all, the scriptures do teach us that hidden love is worse than an open rebuke (Prov 27:5). I seem to recall a buncha years ago being brought up short by that scripture and have tried to be a better person in that regard than I was before.
Anyhow, I wasn't thinkin' of doin' a sermon---I was actually thinkin' on how much a couple of my friends have really showed me love recently. One of them actually volunteered to do yard work for me---mowing lawns and such. He's been a real Pal and I love hanging out with him and doing all kinds of fun stuff like lookin' at cars, motorcycles, trucks, trains and more.
Another friend (a very awesome and special person) having heard of my being ill recently (I am quite well now, Thank our God who heals) sent me one of those Hallmark Get well e-cards or whatever they're called and it absolutely made my day, week, month...!!! In fact I've pulled it up to see it more than just once---it was just way cool and cute and got me to chucklin' for quite a spell and still spurs a silly grin on my ol' mug whenever I happen to think of it---and somehow I just felt better all over for having received it!!! It even tickled Ol' 'Lanche's funny bone!!!
Now this blogging thing. Ol' 'Lanche and I kinda cotton to it! We like being able to stay in touch with our friends this way---it's awesome!!! May the good things it inspires in us continue...

11 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

Yay indeed for friends!!!!

4/18/2006

 
Blogger drewey fern said...

Here's a big AMEN to that. God's goodness and love have been repeatedly conveyed to me through friends.

Here's a good Shakespearian quote that puts it nicely (funny how Shakespeare seemed to have a sort of knack for putting things nicely): "I count myself in nothing else so happy as in a soul remembering my good friends."

4/19/2006

 
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

DF---Ol' 'Lanche sez Yay fer Shakespeare!

4/19/2006

 
Blogger Booker said...

ryc-I think you take the cake if you could pull off a stunt like that one :-)

4/19/2006

 
Blogger Crystal said...

friends are lovely :heart:

4/21/2006

 
Blogger ljm said...

May Ol Lanche gallop on forever!

4/21/2006

 
Blogger melrandall said...

Three huzzahs for friends!!! (and maybe a few more thrown in for good measure). Don't know what we'd do without them...

Great post! :)

4/22/2006

 
Blogger Loreo said...

I think it really shows that you have made a practice of showing love to people, rather than hiding it. Ever since I can remember, you were kind to me, and made me feel valued (You too, Aunt Ellie). Uncle Dons don't grow on trees, but maybe they should!!

4/22/2006

 
Blogger Crystal said...

Whee! I always knew I was good at becoming nearly invisible. ^_^;

Thank you for the comment. It's true, you don't know me, and I am sorry about that, because you seem friendly.

4/23/2006

 
Blogger Crystal said...

thank you for praying :)

4/30/2006

 
Blogger Marie said...

I count you as one of my friends!

5/10/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home